This year, I am taking part in Oh My Blog! It’s a brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of bloggers from across the universe. Each month, there will be a different themed post giving the opportunity to showcase the wise words of someone else who spends way too much time in front of a computer, just like me. And with this month being February, the questions are based on the fitting topic of love…
So here we go… please let me introduce Lorna from Taylor Made Blogs:
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
I’m Lorna, first time mummy to our little girl and a lover of travel and anything sparkly! I’m married to Dave and we live on the south coast just outside of Worthing. We started our blog when our daughter was 6 months old as a way of documenting what we were getting up to as a family and sharing our experiences as first time parents. We wanted to have something our little one could look back on when she is older. Its also a great way for our family & friends to see what we are up to as many of them aren’t local and there is only so much you can fit into a Whatsapp message!!
2. What is your current relationship status?
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s’ Day?
Yes but we don’t go out and have always cooked a lovely meal at home with something we wouldn’t normally eat; a little treat.
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
Somewhere quite low key so you can chat and actually hear the person you’re on a date with! Dave and I had our first date in a bar in the centre of Brighton and then went onto a local pub.
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
Probably when my husband proposed on holiday in Cyprus; he’d planned it all and I had absolutely no idea it was coming.
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
Love flowers at any time of year.
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
We have 1 little girl who is currently 9 1/2 months old and I would definitely love to have more.
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
Our first dance was to You Are My Sunshine by Ray Charles
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
My husband is cooking dinner for us at home.
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
No, I’ve never tried them but would like to.
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
I’d love to go to the Maldives one day but I’d probably say Italy as I love the food, culture, people and it’s where Dave and I went on honeymoon.
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
Dave and I tend not to do Valentines gifts.
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship?
You can check out more from Lorna and Dave over and their blog. If you want to make sure you never miss a post, be sure to follow them on social media!