Three months in, and somehow I skipped February completely in terms of reflecting on exactly how well I am achieving my 18 goals for 2018. Which may be because I was VERY BUSY trying to do all the things.
Most notably, to start off with, ticking off number 4: go to an underground metal gig. This may have been slightly obvious, following my fairly inebriated posting about the Local Fuzz Vol.3 (something I actually did manage to remember to write about in February, literally as it happened) and as well as experiencing the overwhelming joy of having entirely achieved at least one of my goals this year, I also experienced the joy of just being there – alcohol, stage vibrations, and rhythms to match the beat of my heart. Awesome 🙂
Also there has been more figurative shit sorting. You would think, with all the sorting, that my house might be spotless by now – but of course no, I have three miniature shit tornadoes living with me so of course it looks like I really have done nothing for the last three months. And so the sorting continues.
Drinking, though, well that’s got off to a start.
A – Absolut Raspberri, in an ice bar in Queenstown, mixed with other things and slurped from a very slippery ice glass (entirely holiday-ey)
B – Black Cow vodka, at the Retailery in Romford (very normal, but in a still excellent way)
and then I skipped a whole lot of letters and moved on to:
R – Rogue Society gin, which is distilled in Aukland and is also known as Scapegrace Gin, something we found out when I bought a bottle and then Moggy bought one, and despite containing the same thing and looking identical, they were confusingly differently named. Still, it’s all gin anyway, isn’t it. So that’s good.
And in April, I’ll head on back to ‘C’ and do things properly.
For now, here is the rest of the March overview (and the sneakily missing February as well):
1. Sort out your [my] shit – bewilderingly still at about 35%. Stuff keeps multiplying :’(
2. Drink and review the alphabet – A and B are DONE
3. Check emails at least weekly and actually respond to them – bit of a slip but y’know, holidays…
4. Go to an underground doom metal gig – AWESOME
5. Pet an animal I’ve never seen before in real life – does a cat with only half a tail count?
6. Call the ‘how am I driving number’ – 0% despite my best efforts still. Where are all the drivers?
7. Stop spending money – I spent some, I believe it was warranted. Awaiting confirmation.
8. Paint a painting – nope.
9. Perfect a regional accent – Picked up a little kiwi twang in NZ. Does that count?
10. Travel on every tube line, end to end – something for summer I reckon.
11. Grow the board games club – it’s happening!
12. Do more swimming – 2.5/110km
13. Recreate famous photos – completely forgot about this, whoops
14. Eat differently – mmmm food
15. Play Carcassonne IN Carcassonne – I’ve been practicing
16. Appear on the BBC – absolutely nowhere
17. Talk more in meetings – 100%
18. Catch a fish, cook it and eat it – I caught one, anyway. 1/3 of the way!