1.Sort out your [my] shit – the shit has reached very acceptable levels. Somehow the residual shit keeps breeding, but I’m slowly beating it back. I reckon I’m about 85% there. Just no-one look in the loft, yeah?
2. Drink and review the alphabet – this has somewhat stalled. Drinking HAS occurred, it just hasn’t been particularly alphabetical. In fact it’s mainly involved generic vodka, sambucca, and possibly a bit of gin. I will try harder next month.
3. Check emails at least weekly and actually respond to them – yeeeeahhh… kind of. I’ve been a bit slack on the emails lately, although not the work ones so I think that’s ok.
4. Go to an underground doom metal gig – no more in September, but I have Lawnmower Deth and Conan quickly creeping up.
5. Pet an animal I’ve never seen before in real life – I’m beginning to think I’ve seen all pettable animals, ever.
6. Call the ‘how am I driving’ number – GREAT SUCCESS! Having decided that this is an entirely myth based proposition, my faith in the how am I driving number was restored with not just one, but FOUR different number sightings. Of which I called one, and reported my pleasure at the skill of the driver involved. I should probably also point out this was whilst I was working on 2. above, which means I forgot to record it and may also have been slightly incoherent. But everything I said incoherently was friendly and good, so I think it’s ok.
7. Stop spending money – Hen Do in Amsterdam in a couple of days = ALL THE MONEYS.
8. Paint a painting – I’ve bought paint and a canvas. I feel that is a good start.
9. Perfect a regional accent – I can’t even sort out my own accent :'(
10. Travel on every tube line, end to end – still to come. Joyous November.
11. Grow the board games club – it is BIG. It is HAPPENING. It is scary in a good but gibbery way.
12. Do more swimming – Banned. So so banned. No swimming. Just sitting in water. Not even a bit of current to push me along and make me feel like I’m moving.
13. Recreate famous photos – still to come. Maybe. I don’t know about anything famous, ever.
14. Eat differently – this month has mostly featured pineapple. It’s not different but it IS tasty.
15. Play Carcassonne IN Carcassonne – I’ve played it a few times in Romford. That’ll have to do for now.
16. Appear on the BBC – the day I had the opportunity for this I wasn’t in the right place at the right time. Such is life, although I will endeavour for it not to be life next time.
17. Talk more in meetings – DON’T STOP ME NOW
18. Catch a fish, cook it and eat it – I found a fishery. The process seems complicated. Why don’t I live in Norway.