OR ARE THEY? Who’s going to know?
I’ll try to make it at least a bit interesting, anyway.
The 100 Truths Tag was brought to my attention by Tamara from The Epileptic Blogger, when she tagged me in hers. It’s been a while since I last did one of these kind of things so I figure why not. It’s kind of like being back on livejournal again.
I will answer the questions and leave no blank copies down below should you wish to give it a go yourself – just copy mine and rewrite the answers, ok?… The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who tagged you and link back to their site.
- Answer the questions honestly (skip any of the questions you don’t want to answer)
- Tag 10-20 bloggers to take part (let them know on social media) – do I have to?
- Post the questions without your answers at the bottom of your post so that they are easy for the people you tag to copy and paste (NOPE).
Let’s get started…
1. What’s your name?
Lauren, to my family and my work colleagues. Spoon Paws to my friends.
2. Any nicknames or aliases?
See above ^ – although I’m also known as Lozaroo, LOL, Lore, and MummyGadgetGeek
3. Your gender?
4. Your star sign?
5. How old are you?
36 in years, early 20’s in my head.
6. Your relationship status?
7. Any children?
Judging by the state of my house, I’d say so.
8. Any pets?
Pixel and Pizza. They’re cats, not computers or food. Or computer generated food.
9. Any tattoos or piercings?
Pierced ears (although generally I never wear earrings), and a long-gone labret piercing. Plus a SpoonPaws tattoo.
10. What do you like about yourself?
Everything. I’m a narcissist.
11. What do you dislike about yourself?
Nothing, see above. No, really, I used to dislike things but I’ve kind of given up on it.
12. Righty or lefty?
Righty. I can use my lefty but it looks a bit like I’m drunk.
13. The last thing you drank?
In a non alcoholic sense, a big glass of fat coke with ice cubes. The only kind of coke and the only way to drink it, in my opinion (well, other than cherry coke which wins the coke wars, but I’ve run out of that).
Alcoholically, I had some very nice harrogate gin with grapefruit tonic.
14. The last thing you ate?
An entire box of ferrero rocher. A large box. I didn’t realise until I went to take another and there were none left…
15. Your last phone call?
Was from my sister. I can’t remember what she said. Maybe something about lamb.
16. Your last text message?
Was from my mum. A random non-working link to something.
17. Your last email?
From a board games club – organising the next games night. I might actually be able to go to this one!
And the last one I sent… no idea. Something work related, BORING.
18. The last song you listened to?
Something from the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. I don’t know the track titles, just the words.
19. The last book you read?
Just finished reading book six in the John Milton series. Again, I don’t do titles…
20. The last time you cried?
I honestly can’t remember. Probably a matter of weeks ago.
21. The last blog you read?
http://www.thebrickcastle.com/ – one of my favourite blogs to read 🙂
22. The last person you spoke to?
In real life, that would be the Other Half. Online… my friend Ben.
23. The last place you visited?
The front room, to pick up my glass of coke I left there.
24. Your last holiday abroad?
A weekend in Vienna, to explore the Christmas Markets and ride the Riesenrad in the dark.
HAVE I EVER?
25. Have you ever gotten back with an ex?
Yes, once. It didn’t go well – and that’s why I have never done it again. Ex’s are ex for a reason.
26. Have you ever been cheated on?
Yes – and that’s why I broke up with the ex mentioned above.
27. Have you ever cheated on someone?
Well that’s a grey area… what counts as cheating? Kissing yes, sleeping with… no.
28. Have you ever lost someone special to you?
Yes, in many sense of the word.
29. Have you ever been so drunk you threw up?
Sure. Aftershock FTW.
30. Have you ever fallen out of love with someone?
31. Have you ever met someone who changed you?
Everyone changes me in some way. Some more than others.
32. Have you ever been in a situation where you found out who your real friends are?
A few times. Having a baby was one. Having a bit of a mental breakdown was another.
33. Have you ever kissed someone you probably shouldn’t have?
Yes. No regrets.
34. Have you ever found out people were talking about you behind your back?
Aren’t baby monitors great…
35. Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
I don’t know. I know I’ve hurt people. I think they’re better now though.
36. Have you ever kissed a stranger?
Sure. They seemed to like it.
37 Have you ever had your own heart broken?
Yes. Judging by my teenage diaries it was a pretty big thing at the time.
38 Have you ever had sex on the first date?
39 Have you ever been arrested?
No. Well unless you count the mock arrest thing they do to teach you why getting arrested is a bad idea.
40 Have you ever been attracted to someone that isn’t the gender you usually find attractive?
I can understand why people of the opposite sex would be attractive. But I’ve not been directly attracted to them.
41. Have you ever done something you regret?
Stepping on a bee was a bad idea.
42. Have you ever had a threesome?
Do imaginary friends count?
43. Have you ever embarrassed yourself in public?
Of course! Pretty much on a daily basis.
44. Have you ever misjudged someone?
Misjudging happens all the time. That thing about first impressions – it’s true, people have them, me included. I usually try to ignore them these days and it’s had some interesting results 🙂
MY BELIEFS AND OPINIONS
45. Do you believe in God?
Not in any specific religious sense.
46. Do you believe in yourself?
47. Do you believe in Santa Claus?
Thanks for my stocking, Santa!
48. Do you believe in ghosts?
I believe that everything in life is made of energy. The possibility of residual energy or perception of energy in different ways is one I’m happy to accept.
49. Do you believe in aliens?
Sure. It seems entirely likely there could be other intelligent life out there.
50. Do you believe in miracles?
‘A miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws’
There are always things that can’t be explained, so…yes.
51. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking?
It’s always worked for me. Not saying that everything always goes right… but thinking positively definitely makes a difference.
52. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. Go dopamine 🙂
53. Can money make you happy?
It certainly helps. I don’t think money alone can bring happiness but having enough to live comfortably is certainly less stressful than not having enough.
54. Would you describe yourself as a feminist?
Nope. I’m just me, without labels.
55. Are you pro-life or pro-choice?
56. Do you have strong political beliefs?
Not in relation to one specific political party over another.
57. Do you have strong religious beliefs?
No. Other than that I think everyone should be able to believe what they want to, as long as it doesn’t place constraints on others.
58. What do you think the most important thing you can give a child is?
Confidence to believe in themselves.
59. Are you eating anything right now?
No. Still full from all those ferrero rocher.
60. Are you drinking anything right now?
The same coke referred to above.
61. What are you listening to right now?
Beauty and the Beast soundtrack. A few tracks on from the unidentified previously mentioned track.
62. What are you thinking about right now?
The psychology of relationships.
63. What are you waiting for right now?
Nothing. Live in the moment.
64. What are you most excited about right now?
I’m fairly relaxed. I guess I’ll be interested to see what I dream about tonight, after all these questions.
65. What’s your pet hate right now?
I don’t do hating.
66. What’s your favourite thing right now?
The thought of trifle sponge, saturated with raspberry jelly.
67. If you weren’t answering these questions, what would you be doing right now?
Who knows? Reading, having a bath, reading in the bath? Eating grapes? Conversing with Alexa? Writing something completely different? So many possibilities…
68. Your first best friend?
I don’t really do best friends, just friends.
69. Your first kiss?
Seemed like a really wierd thing, until it happened. Actually the idea of kissing still seems weird. Swirly whirly tongues… not to say that I don’t like it though.
70. Your first celebrity crush?
Boy George, so my mum tells me. I liked his interesting look.
Other than that, probably Jarvis Cocker.
71. Your first holiday?
The first one I vaguely remember is the Isle of Wight. My mum had her handbag stolen and my sister had a cake with a duck on it.
72. Your first pet?
Tigernut the cat was usurped by me when I arrived in the world. She wasn’t too happy about it, generally. I think I grew on her though.
73. Your first regret?
Biting my friend in infant school. I got a little bit too much into character in the game we were playing.
74. Your first job?
I was a wedding singer.
75. Your first childhood memory?
‘mowing the grass’ with my dad, and my fisher price (?) mower.
WHICH WOULD I CHOOSE?
76. Love or money?
77. Twitter or Facebook?
Hmm. Can’t I have instagram?
78. Hook up or relationship?
10 years of the Other Half suggests relationship.
79. Dogs or cats?
Sorry dogs, but cats are more self sufficient, and I get enough dealing with poo from the kids.
80. Coffee or tea?
I like both cold if obligated to drink them, but would prefer neither.
81. Beer or wine?
Wine every time. A nice rioja, yes please.
82. Sweet or savoury?
Depends on my mood. I don’t really like jelly sweets, but I do like jelly – I like chocolate, but I also like sausage rolls fresh from the oven. Cheese footballs…mmm… but in general I’m not big on crisps. Basically, happy either way.
83. Introvert or extrovert?
I’m an introverted extrovert.
84. Vampires or werewolves?
Vampires please #teameric
85. Seaside or countryside?
Seaside with a nice bit of sailing, thank you very much.
86. Summer or winter?
Summer wins it because I do like warm… apart from Christmas spirit, snuggling in front of warm fires, and eating lovely soups. There are benefits to both. I’m happy either way.
87. Books or movies?
Ah, books are the best. I get sad when things aren’t interpreted the way I imagined them in the films of the books.
88. Horror or comedy?
Live comedy works for me. Less keen on live horror, a lot less keen in fact.
A FEW RANDOM QUESTIONS TO FINISH
89. Do you wish you could change your past?
No. I live in the present.
90. What’s your dream job?
Not the one I have, sadly.
91. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Eating an entire box of ferrero rocher?
92. What are you afraid of?
Water when you can’t see the bottom.
93. What was the first thing you wanted to be when you grew up?
A cattery architect.
94. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Telepathy would be interesting.
95. If you could change anything about your life what would it be?
I’d remember to buy a new doorbell so I didn’t keep missing parcel deliveries.
96. Would you want immortality?
I don’t think so.
97. If you could interview anyone alive or dead who would you choose?
Bill Hicks. Sure he’d have some interesting stuff to say.
98. Would you say you are happy?
I’d say I’m reasonably content.
99. What one piece of advice would you give to yourself at age eighteen?
Buy a house? I don’t know really… the 18 year old me was just as stubborn as I am now, she would follow her own path anyway.
100. Where would you like to be in five years’ time?
In a different house. In a different bed. With the same bear.