June disappeared. I know stuff happened. I can’t remember what it was. So… July!
What I do know is that I’ve not done nearly enough swimming. Maybe I’ve done better at other things? Let’s find out…
Which is detailed here below:
1. Sort out your [my] shit – a lot of shit is sorted. And July ended triumphantly, with me driving a giant van and coercing two more muscly friends than I to give me a hand with moving all the shit to somewhere no-one can see it, well, not unless they have the key to my storage unit anyway. Now I wave at it abstractly every time I drive past. The front room still has shit in it, but way less than there was. I reckon the shit sort is at 80%. SO CLOSE.
2. Drink and review the alphabet – I know I’ve drunk things, I can’t remember the names. Gordons and Hendricks definitely… but what was F? I’m rearranging the alphabet and denying it’s existence until I remember.
3. Check emails at least weekly and actually respond to them – been a bit slack, IT’s summer though, isn’t it. No-one needs emails in the summer. At least I hope they don’t because they’ll be waiting a while for replies. Normal services resume in September. Maybe.
4. Go to an underground doom metal gig – no gigs this month, but I did book Lawnmower Deth for December.
5. Pet an animal I’ve never seen before in real life – all the sorting of stuff has stirred up some MASSIVE spiders. I haven’t touched them. Perhaps I’ll give it a go. Probably not.
6. Call the ‘how am I driving number’ – gonna make my own signs to stick on the back of random vehicles. It’s the only way.
7. Stop spending money – I’ve spent a bit. But I think it’s worth it.
8. Paint a painting – definitely an autumn activity.
9. Perfect a regional accent – I spoke a bit of French and Spanish, and forgot the word for milk and said cow juice. Vache lait sounds so much more enticing.
10. Travel on every tube line, end to end – September plans. Or October. Running out of months, eek.
11. Grow the board games club – the growth has happened. WE RAN OUT OF CHAIRS!
12. Do more swimming – whoops
13. Recreate famous photos – I will get round to this, I must. Aargh.
14. Eat differently – I can’t stop eating pineapple. Apparently it’s a natural anti-inflammatory. That might explain it.
15. Play Carcassonne IN Carcassonne – I have come to the conclusion this may have to be deferred to next year. But I can plan it this year. And I will.
16. Appear on the BBC – Countryfile was on offer again. I did not offer up my bum this time.
17. Talk more in meetings – can’t shut me up.
18. Catch a fish, cook it and eat it – I talked about it. Less words, more action.
August. What do you have in store?