It’s been one month since I first decided upon (well, other people decided upon mostly) my 18 goals for 2018. Things have been happening. Stuff has been done.
Here’s how it’s all going…
First off, I have sorted out some shit. That’s not to say that all the shit is dealt with, but a fairly reasonable proportion of it is. I’d say about 35% so far. Now I’m surrounded in piles of sorted shit, which is a bit more demotivating than sitting in the shit in the first place. Aim for February: far less shit in general.
Next I went for the EAT DIFFERENTLY thing, which was actually more of an opportunistic happening as I was invited to a friend’s house for Vietnamese food. The beef in betel leaf was my favourite but it was all really good 🙂
In terms of drinking, I have done some – Black Cow, Grey Goose and Jagermeister have featured heavily. Thing is I kind of feel I should start with A… so I’m waiting until I get an ‘A’ vodka or gin before I kick off recording this goal.
I’ve also stopped spending money – well, I have spent some but I haven’t spent any unnecessarily. No credit card spending. This is good.
And growing the board games club is happening! In the sense that a couple of new members have joined, and also in a more structured, business planning kind of way. I have strategy documents and communications plans. Next month I will be putting them into action.
Swimming has taken place, although with only 1.5km in the bag so far I need to up my game a bit for the next few months. Still I’m happy with it for now, since I had quite a long break after the dislocated elbow/shoulder happenings.
And I’ve checked my emails and talked more in meetings. Oh, and I tried to find someone with a ‘how am I driving’ number, but there have been no vehicles whatsoever asking to be rated. Is it not a thing any more? I’ll keep looking…
1. Sort out your [my] shit – 35%
2. Drink and review the alphabet – technically not started
3. Check emails at least weekly and actually respond to them – 100% so far
4. Go to an underground doom metal gig – GO FEBRUARY
5. Pet an animal I’ve never seen before in real life – maybe in Singapore?
6. Call the ‘how am I driving number’ – 0% despite my best efforts
7. Stop spending money – 100% so far
8. Paint a painting – not started
9. Perfect a regional accent – I’ve pondered it
10. Travel on every tube line, end to end – not started
11. Grow the board games club – it has begun
12. Do more swimming – 1.5/110km
13. Recreate famous photos – not started
14. Eat differently – yum
15. Play Carcassonne IN Carcassonne – not started
16. Appear on the BBC – not started
17. Talk more in meetings – 100%
18. Catch a fish, cook it and eat it – maybe in NZ?